Why does Canada need a food policy?
Canada currently has NO National Food Policy... and it urgently needs one!
There are serious problems with our current food system that the government has a responsibiltiy to address:
- Close to 2 1/2 million Canadians have trouble putting food on the table every day.
- One in four Canadians is considered obese.
- We are losing thousands of family farms every year.
- Canada is the only G8 country with no nationally-funded school meal program.
- Food production and distribution account for 30-54% of greenhouse gas emissions.
Tell the goverment that it needs to act NOW:
- Sign the Pledge for a Fair, Healthy, Ecological Food System
- Join our mailing list to keep up on how you can help shape the future of food. (upper right hand corner)